Sunday, January 20, 2013

I HAVE BAD NEWS. :( AND FINISHED BATHROOM :)

I am so bummed!!! My portable hard drive decided to keep all of my pictures and never let me see them again. My thousands of pictures that dummy me never backed up with another back up. Gee, who woulda thought you needed to have 2. :/! Most of them were my sweet grandbabies. Boohoo.
My son in laws friend has offered to check it out and see if it might be fixable. Please be please be please be. If not, I found a geek who can possibly, maybe do it for $350.00 and up. Wha... wha... what??? Stupidity is expensive sometimes. Still praying for a miracle cause after googling it looks like that's just what I'll need.
Well, enough of the bad news. Carpe Diem, remember? :) Seize the day!
I have an awesome camera that my awesome son and daughter in law gave to me right before I went to Tanzania a couple of years ago. So here are pics of our blue bath that we LOVE. (this time I'll have 2 backups. Or MORE :D)
My bathrooms are REALLY big. Not bragging. Jus sayin. ;) The armoire is from good ole Wallyworld about a million years ago. She's been natural, sage, red and now her forever color. White. She holds all of my extra bedding. It took a few years before I knew she belonged here. She came from the back porch holding all my pool goodies. The basket and wooden animals are souvenirs from Tanzania. They have the most amazing woodcarvers there!
This oh so lovely bench came from jossandmain.com It was such an amazing deal that when they offered it again I bought one for my downstairs bath. If we ever downsize :) they go with me!

 

The vanity was a steal  at $300.00 INCLUDING DELIVERY!! Got that sweet deal from homedecorators.com Came with the black granite top and backsplash plus undermount sink. The guys who delivered even spent almost an hour getting it upstairs for me. They were so gracious about it all. I had to call their boss when they were done and give a shout out. We all need to feel appreciated, right? She was green when I got her but paint does wonders as far as I'm concerned. The mirror came from there as well. Since this old house had no electric for a vanity light I had to find a mirror that came with.

My little "jewelry holders" came from jcpenney.com The blue one was the inspiration for the wall color. Which btw is Schoolboy Blue by Valspar bought at my not so close "neighborhood" lowes.com

 I built an open linen closet on the far side of the shower. Open, since you can't see it from the door and because I love looking at white towels.
I have 4, yes 4 awesome windows in this bath. How awesome is that?! I love everyone of my windows. It took 2 years but we finally installed the last of them a few months ago. 31 in all!

AAHHH  Finally a shower!!!!!!! The part my hubby helped with. Our first install and she's still working. woohoo

This beautiful little antiqued iron chandelier also came from homedecorators.com I get my things from their outlet dept. $35.00 Can't beat that with a stick.

My view to the east.

Found this at kirklands.com The blue and purple hues match the tile floor perfectly.

And there she is. My new blue bath. If you remember the before pic from an earlier post you can see that it's a smidge more cheerful. lol
Thanks for taking the tour.
 

No comments: