Sunday, January 20, 2013

IT'S A TOTAL MIRACLE

I GOT MY PICTURES BACK. Woohoo! Praise the Lord. Answered prayer. My son in laws friend (a huge thank you to Nathan) was able to retrieve all of my pictures. I believe I have around 24000!! files. Oh man, no wonder I was so stressed. To be honest, I knew all this when I posted my last post this morning. But being the kind of person that I am, you know the kind who when I do something not on my "to do" list, I have to write it so I can cross it out. ;/ I just had to post why I am so happy that I have them all. To look at often and count my blessings. No sitting neglected in my pictures folder for those precious beauties.
 Before I picked up my refreshed old hard drive, I picked up a new one. Isn't she a beaut? I chose a Seagate Backup Plus. I like the fact that it has a "dashboard" on my desktop and I can manage it easily.
The fact that data recovery only cost one of these
Ben Franklins (this one is totally fake by the way)
was a huge plus. :D Worth every penny!!!



FYI- If you find yourself in this same pickle of thinking you lost data- 1.Under no circumstances should you ever "format" your drive. You will lose everything. When I was trying to solve this problem myself, my computer kept asking me if I wanted to do this. I learned the hard way a long time ago. Never. Do. It. 2. Before you send it to a Data Recovery Company that you find online (which I was very hesitant to do!!!) try finding a local computer "geek" like I did. You never know.. miracles do happen. :D 3. Upload all pics to a place like shutterfly.com as just one more safeguard so you don't have to worry about malfunctions on physical devices. :D!
 

No comments: