Saturday, February 16, 2013

My "new"ish Hutch

I actually got off Pinterest long enough to do another project. :)Something I have been wanting to take care of for a while. Confession- I haven't been loving my hutch. Last year I managed to paint and distress it with glaze but felt it still lacked something.

I finally decided it's the mirrors. I never liked them. For one thing they are always glaring at me.

Anyway, I found this tutorial on covering the back with material.http://theshabbiestchick.blogspot.com/2011/10/frenchy-hutch.html?showComment=1320059108371#c6510210278646580882
So, after heading to my local Wallyworld (because we live in the middle of nowhere and I had no choice) I found the perfect material. All I had to do was remove the back, pop out the mirrors, us spray adhesive/material to cover the back and pop it back on. It couldn't have been easier. Isn't she pretty?
 




 
I have this fascination with birds lately.
 Nothing wrong with that though, right? Originally I was thinking about replacing the glass in the doors with chicken wire but decided to just leave the doors off so I can see my little pretties better.
Oh, and just in case you are wondering. Here is how she looked before her makeover.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love what you've done with it. I wish I were so creative!

Nancy said...

Thank you Lucy. :) I do a lot of copying from other blogs. lol I am always thinking "why didn't I think of that??". Fortunatly the imaginative ones don't care if we copy. :D