Thursday, March 21, 2013

Winter Wheat Love

I love that our farming neighbor chooses to plant winter wheat. Just when we can't seem to take any more brown, cloudy days the fields start showing their green. If the rains come, even just a few, they will have a nice field to harvest. Usually starting around May down in Texas and moving up this way come June.
Normally I am not a fan of wind but when it gently moves across the tops of the fields it's mesmerizing. I could watch it for hours. Like an invisible dancer across the top of each blade.
This year it seems even more beautiful. Maybe it's because, even though we are still in drought conditions, it's not as bad as the last couple of years. When the farmers made more from insurance on damaged crops (wheat and cotton) than they could make selling. What a shame, I say.

God is good. Always. And today I will be thankful we are surrounded by these beautiful fields of green.

No comments: